How To Apply
You can be eligible if...
You are a Native American that meets our income guidelines.
You are a non-Native American household that resides on a reservation or living in an approved area near a reservation. and meet our income guidelines.
Please be aware of the following during your application process:
Households are certified based on income standards set by the Federal government and must recertify at least every 12 months.
Elderly and disabled households may be certified for up to 24 months.
Households cannot participate in the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in the same month.
How to Apply
1. Request an application in one of the following ways:
- in person at our main office at 960-D Highway 550, Bernalillo, NM 87004 OR
- by mail to 4321 Fulcrum Way, NE, Ste. B, Rio Rancho, NM 87144 OR
- by phone at 505-867-3710 OR
- download the Application and Household Concept form, below
We are available at the distribution sites and at the main office to determine eligibility for you.
Households may file an application on the same day they contract the Food Distribution Program.
2. Complete your application and submit it in person, mail or fax:
960-D Highway 550, Bernalillo, NM 87004 OR
All applications received will be processed within 7 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) from the date received.
The following documents are required to complete the application process:
Certificate of Indian Blood card (CDIB)
Social Security cards for all household members
Full month's check stubs (most recent) for all employed household members and/or proof of self employment income earned monthly or yearly.
Award letters for Public Assistance (SSI, TANF, etc.), General Assistance, Social Security, VA, unemployment, retirement, etc.
Current utility bill or proof of physical street address.
3. View our monthly calendar provides the full schedule of our upcoming warehouse distributions. These calendars are posted at our distribution sites such as the Tribal Governor's office, post office and the elderly centers. To get more information, call 505-867-3710.
Our monthly calendar provides the full schedule of our upcoming warehouse distributions. These calendars are posted at our distribution sites such as the Tribal Governor's office, post office and the elderly centers. To get more information, call 505-867-3710.
Food Distribution Program
960-D Highway 550
Bernalillo, NM 87004
Mon-Thu 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Closed for Lunch 12:00 to 1:00 pm